Friday, July 15, 2016

Lana Parilla

I am a HUGE Once Upon A Time fan. LOVE the show. I don't even know how m
any times I have watched the entire first season. I try and get as many friends hooked on it as possible. That's how much I love this show.

I wasn't always a huge Evil Queen fan, but somewhere along the way I decided that she's pretty great. And I also discovered how amazing Lana Parilla is. I honestly haven't seen her in anything else, but her on OUAT is enough to realize that she is an amazing actress and really awesome person.

So, obviously, there will be a OUAT binge watch at my house this weekend. And it's going to be awesome!! I am honestly so excited for this coming season when she will be both Regina Mills, hero, and the Evil Queen who are now two separate people!! Crazy, I know. But so exciting!! Sorry if that was spoilers for anyone. But you should have watched this last season by now!! At least I didn't say that (spoiler) died. Because then you would have been mad if you hadn't already watched season 6 because you're waiting for Netflix to get it. Is it on Netflix yet? I don't even know. So, if I just ruined the entire season for you, go watch it any ways, because Colin O'Donoghue is an AMAZING Capt. Hook as well and I feel like they really let him shine this season.

But back to Lana's birthday today. I made Carmelitas! Have you tried them before? I found a few recipes on Pinterest because I'm addicted to it and adapted them to the one I used below:

Carmelitas

32 caramel squares, unwrapped
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

Combine caramels and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely smooth; set aside. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda. Pat half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an 8x8" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips. Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel. Return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment