Saturday, July 2, 2016

Ruth B.

My friend Raquel made me listen to this song after we watched an episode of Once Upon A Time and I fell in love with it. The reason it came up with Once Upon A Time is because I only watch that show for Colin O'Donoghue. He is AMAZING. And I love the way he portrays Capt. Hook. If you don't watch that show, you should. Just for him. He's so awesome.

Not the point of this post, though. The song Raquel mentioned was Lost Boy by Ruth B. I'd never heard of the song or the singer before and quickly went to work seeing if I liked her other songs. And I did. SO MUCH. And I'm happy that today is her birthday so that we can eat treats and listen to good music!!

She sings a song called Superficial Love that is, like, my theme song. I have listened to her EP on repeat more times than I can count.




Isn't her voice magical? I HIGHLY recommend picking up her EP. It's so great. And I love that Lost Boy is a little bit somber, but 2 Broke Kids is incredibly upbeat and sweet. And her voice resonates into my writing. I was stuck on a scene for a book I'm writing called LIGHTS and turned on her EP and suddenly I had all these ideas. It's amazing.
So, in honor of her birthday today, I made a Vanilla Mousse Cheesecake!!! I don't even remember where I found this recipe, I just know that it has been a hit every time I've made it! And this time was no exception!! It's delicious and I know you'll love it too!


Philadelphia vanilla mousse cheesecake

40 Nilla wafers, crushed

3 Tablespoons butter, melted

4 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened

1 cup sugar, divided

1 Tablespoon plus 1 tsp. vanilla, divided

3 eggs

1 tub (8 oz) cool whip

**heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of 9 inch spring form pan. Beat 3 pkgs of cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tablespoon vanilla. Mix till well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each one till blended. DO NOT OVER MIX. Pour over crust. Bake 50 to 55 min or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake and cool in pan, completely.
 Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl till well blended. whisk in cool whip and spread over cheesecake. refrigerate for 4 hours. remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment