Thursday, June 23, 2016

Joss Whedon

Before you just skim past this one because you're thinking "I've never seen anything with Joss Whedon in it" let me stop you there. Also, let me tell you a little bit about myself since I just kind of dove right in with Chris Evans.

I am a writer. Screenwriting is a true passion of mine. And somewhere along the way of finding  this passion I came across several shows that I fell in love with. And a number of them had one thing in common: Joss Whedon. He has written and directed a lot of stuff and I would actually be surprised if you haven't watched something he's written.

He wrote Firefly, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He also wrote The Avengers as well as The Avengers Age of Ultron. He is responsible for Doctor Horrible's Sing Along Blog and the show Dollhouse (which I actually haven't watched yet). He is also the genius behind one of my favorite Shakespear adaptions of Much Ado About Nothing. It's in black and white but set modernly with the original iambic pentameter. AMAZING. I HIGHLY recommend it. Nathan Fillion's Dogberry is so classic.

You can see his IMDb creds here. And be all kinds of amazed at the genius stuff he's written.

I once had a dream I was meeting up with him for lunch in LA to discuss a movie with him and Tom Hiddleston. I hope one day to have that experience. I would LOVE to work with him on something. That would be beyond amazing. One day....one day.....

So, to finish off my post, I made homemade Oreo cookies because this is a new take on a classic cookie which is how I feel about Joss Whedon.

Homemade Oreo Cookies

Cookie:

1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Butter (melted)

Mix until combined. Roll into quarter sized balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let cool completely.

Filling: (I just use a basic frosting)

1/2 cup shortening (or butter for a buttercream frosting)
3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
4-5 Tbs. Water or Milk

Combine. May need more sugar or liquid depending on how thick you want your frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment