Friday, June 17, 2016

Arthur Darvill

In honor of Arthur Darvill's 34th birthday today, I have already watched, like, seven episodes of Doctor Who, half of the most current season of DC's Legends of Tomorrow. And I'm going to watch some Broadchurch.

Some of you may be thinking to yourself, Who is Arthur Darvill? I know Soozee just named off some shows, but he's still not familiar to me! Well, I suggest you go check out his profile on IMDb here, because I think I am on that website at least once a day. It's not creepy. I learn a lot about new shows coming up and what other shows I need to be watching. Like earlier I learned that Kristen Bell was on Heroes?! What?! I know. The things you learn. But I digress....

For Arthur's birthday, I made the most amazing Chewy Brownies. Now, this is a secret family recipe, so shhhhhhh, m'kay?!

Chewy Brownies

2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Canola Oil
4 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix until well combined then add:

1 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup + 2 Tbs Cocoa
1 tsp Salt

Mix. Pour into a prepared 9x13 pan. I usually grease the pan with a little bit of shortening and then flour the pan. This will allow the brownies to come out of the pan easier.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check if they are done. Toothpick should come out clean.

Now, please do not tell my Great Great Grandma Dablestein I shared the family recipe. She'd be turning over in her grave if she found out. She carried that recipe in a small pouch that she carried on her back across the plains with only three other treasured belongings. A watch from her father, a ring from her beloved and this recipe. It's that special. So, let's keep it hush hush, 'kay? Okay.

Now, I highly recommend watching some Doctor Who and enjoying these delicious brownies while Arthur keeps dying, but not permanently dying because he keeps coming back. haha. It's great. I love that show. And he is my favorite character besides David Tennant and Christopher Eccelston.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment