Thursday, September 29, 2016

Zachary Levi

For YEARS my best friend was trying to convince me to watch the TV show Chuck. She was raving about how awesome it was and how much I would love it, and I just never made time for it.

And then, I got tricked into watching the pilot and that was it. I was hooked. And I couldn't stop until I was caught up. Which took me, like, a week. Because when I binge watch, I binge watch until it's done.

And then I went and bought my first pair of Converse shoes, because, you know, Chuck wears them. And so does the 10th Doctor. So, I obviously had to own a pair. Because I'm a nerd. And it's awesome.

Any way, Chuck is played by Zachary Levi. And he is amazing. Not only is he Chuck Bartowski, he's also Flynn Rider on Tangled. He is also Fandral in Thor: The Dark World. AND, probably the best part, he's a nerd. Like, SUCH a nerd. And it's awesome. Check out his iMDB profile HERE.

He's been in a number of fantastic shows playing a wide variety of characters. He's also a fantastic human being in real life, which is why he has made it to the #2 spot on my top 5 list. Here's a PSA he did with Sesame Street:



And every summer he hosts Nerd HQ which happens the same weekend as San Diego Comic Con every year were he hosts so many amazing panels that are live streamed on both Facebook and YouTube. All proceeds from Nerd HQ go to Operation Smile, which is fantastic. Here is a link to a couple of the panels:

An interview with Tom Hiddleston (at the end he does an impersonation of a raptor that is HILARIOUS):

And here's a panel with some friends from Chuck!!!






And in this panel Zac mentions that he loves all things Cookies and Cream, which is why for his birthday I made Cookies and Cream Cupcakes as well as Cookies and Cream popcorn!

For the cupcakes, I highly recommend just going over to the blog I got them from RIGHT HERE.

For the popcorn, here is the recipe I made up a few years ago. The idea came to me when I was watching Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Gale leans over and kisses Katniss and says something like "I just had to know what that was like" and I leaned over to my friend and said "I just had the most genius idea. I really want to make cookies and cream popcorn" and then I worked up a recipe. So delicious.



Cookies and Cream Popcorn

2 bags Pop Secret Homestyle popcorn popped
2 cups white chocolate
2 cups mini oreo cookies

You can use whatever kind of popcorn you want, I prefer the Homestyle variety because it's got a hint of salt to it and isn't overly buttery. You can even just use fresh popped popcorn with no salt or butter. Just whatever you prefer.

First, pop the popcorn and seperate the kernals out. Then, melt the white chocolate until it's smooth. I am really picky about my chocolate because you want a chocolate that will stay smooth when it's melted. You don't want clumpy or gross chocolate.

After the popcorn is seperated and the chocolate is melted, sprinkle half the mini oreos over the popcorn and then drizzle half the melted chocolate over the popcorn and cookies.


Mix that so the popcorn is lightly coated, then add the rest of the oreos and drizzle the rest of the chocolate over that and mix until all the popcorn is evenly coated. Let it set, usually about 20-30 minutes, then eat away!!! You won't be able to stop, though. It's pretty addictive. Just like Zachary Levi shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment